Our Owner Services
Whether you have just acquired your first investment property or are simply looking at new options for the properties you’ve had for years, it makes sense to investigate what Sterling Property Management can do for you.
Prompt, clear communication is essential to fulfilling our number one priority of excellent customer service. Answering your questions, providing you with options and keeping you up-to-date about all aspects of your property are not just part of our job, they are the most important part. We use a variety of methods to keep you informed and are always happy to answer your questions.
As a fully licensed property management company, we have the professional experience to ensure that all legal requirements are followed, from legal notices and court filings to accounting and property records, giving you confidence that your investment is protected.
We can assist you in getting the most from your investment by helping minimize the two issues that are most costly to investors—vacancies and problem tenants. We help to price your property correctly, using a Comparative Market Analysis of what other owners are getting for their properties to rent your property faster, and we conduct a thorough screening of all applicants, significantly reducing the possibility of late rent, damages, and other tenant problems.
Managing your own property can be extremely time-consuming and full of stress. Do you really have the time and expertise to research the proper price for your rental, market it, answer calls from potential tenants, show the property, screen potential tenants, collect and document rent payments, fulfill all legal requirements, answer maintenance calls, schedule repairs, attend Homeowners Association meetings, and more?
Are you working with a property management company that doesn’t answer your phone calls, involve you in decisions about your property, send you timely documentation and information, or take the time to answer your questions?
Call Sterling Property Management and find out how we can give you peace of mind and save you time, frustration, and money.
Our Management Services
Discover the many services Sterling Property Management provides. If you have any questions or would like to know more about what we can do to for your property, please contact us!
- Conduct a Comparative Market Analysis to identify competitive rents that maximize your income while minimizing vacancy
- Use proven advertising methods to efficiently attract prospective tenants
- Answer questions and inquiries and show your property to prospective tenants
- Collect and process applications from prospective tenants
- Screen all prospective tenants thoroughly, including verification of employment, credit, rental, and criminal history checks
- Execute leases with qualified applicants and collect security deposit monies
Rents, Fees, and Accounting:
- Collect rent from tenants
- Collect late fees and outstanding tenant charges and fees if necessary
- Pursue available legal remedies (e.g. eviction) and follow-up as appropriate
- Track all income and expenses for each property
- Maintain owner and tenant trust accounts
- Provide rent to owners in a timely manner
- Provide monthly owner statements detailing income and expenses for each property
- Provide annual owner statement detailing all income and expenses
- Prepare and distribute 1099 forms to all owners
Inquiries and Complaints:
- Respond to and resolve all inquiries and complaints quickly with respect and professionalism
- Communicate with tenants and HOA if problems arise
- Attend Home Owner Association hearings as needed
Maintenance, Repairs, and Improvements:
- Coordinate all interior and exterior maintenance and repairs
- Coordinate all capital improvements for the property as needed/contracted
- Ensure ongoing maintenance is completed as contracted
Reporting and Record Retention:
- Maintain secure historical records and back-up of automated systems
- Retain documentation of all property-related activities
- Maintain relationships with Home Owner Associations, Vendors, Home Warranty Companies, Owners’ Insurance Providers and other professional service providers as needed
Our Technology Puts Us One Step Ahead
Our investment in AppFolio’s web-based property management software helps us run a more efficient and profitable business. Our top priority is to provide the most outstanding service to our owners and residents and we are excited to pass on these advantages to you:
- We quickly respond to owners and resident service requests.
Because our solution is web-based, we can access all of our data from any location and at any time. This allows us to provide outstanding service for our customers. Sensitive information is housed in data centers with the same security levels used and trusted by major banking institutions.
- Your monthly owner statement is delivered electronically.
Easy-to-read owner statements can be sent via email or can be accessed online using our convenient online Owners Portal, saving you time and paper.
- Maintenance issues are addressed and resolved faster.
We can communicate with vendors and create electronic work orders to get things fixed quickly.
- Your payments are sent electronically and securely.
We use online ACH (electronic payments) to securely deposit your payment into your bank account so you receive the money even faster.
- Vacancies are filled faster with more online marketing channels.
With just a few clicks we can post professional vacancy ads to over 100 sites on the Internet, our website, and Craigslist. The ads were designed by a professional designer and stand out from the crowd.
- Online applications are available for potential residents, making it easier to attract more prospects.
All vacancy postings include an option for the potential resident to apply online. We avoid all of the time consuming paperwork associated with traditional applications and can fill vacancies even faster.
- Residents can securely and easily pay rent online.
Residents love the convenience of paying rent securely online and our team spends less time handling paper checks. Online rent payments are automatically entered into AppFolio and completely integrated with the accounting records.
“Bruce and his staff at Sterling Property Management are consistently professional, always attentive and have a vast amount of experience in handling the various scenarios that emerge in this industry.”
~ JM - California
“Since purchasing an investment property in late 2007, we've been associated with Sterling Property Management as our representative in Las Vegas. We have been totally pleased with the performance, results and professionalism provided by the Sterling team in conducting business. We confidently recommend Sterling Property Management as experts in their field.”
~ D & C - California
“My husband and I started working with Sterling Property Management when we moved to Las Vegas nearly four years ago. Initially, we were a bit apprehensive about moving to Las Vegas and renting a home, but working with Sterling Property Management eased all our fears and turned out to be a wonderful experience. Bruce, the property manager we worked with, was attentive, helpful and great to work with. There were a couple of instances where we needed a repair done on our rental home - whenever we needed something Bruce responded immediately and resolved whatever issue we were having quickly and with minimal inconvenience to us.”
“We were so pleased with our Sterling Property Management experience that we suggested a family member use Sterling to manage a rental property here in Las Vegas. My family member took our suggestion and began working with Sterling nearly a year ago and couldn't be happier with the service they've received. Whether you need to rent a home or manage a property, Sterling has the people and tools necessary to serve your needs!”
~ C & J - Nevada
“As Canadians purchasing investment property in the US, the scariest thing is thinking about how to manage the investment. A good property manager is essential and we highly recommend Bruce Weisich and the team at Sterling Property Management. We have always found them to be accessible and knowledgeable. We have had many questions and they always have the answers. Our tenants have been well screened and we feel that Sterling Property Management works hard to maintain good landlord/tenant relationships by keeping us informed at all times. They go above and beyond and deliver personal service that we find re-assuring. We always feel confident our investments are in good hands!”
~ R & D - Vancouver, Canada
Did you know that you can now access your owner statements online?
- Concise statements covering the performance of your property for the previous month
- All data on your property is stored in a state-of-the-art data center
- Access information about your property 24/7
- Access information about your property from anywhere with an internet connection
How it works:
In order to keep your financials secure, we use a state of the art portal system which communicates with your email.
Each time you wish to view your reports, you must visit the portal and enter in your email address. You will be emailed a single-use link where you can view your statements. This link does not have a time limit, however, it will only work once.